Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Caleb and the camera

I haven't blogged in so long. Whenever I have a moment, I seem to just want to go, BLAH and do nothing. I did however manage to get a book read, Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. She is a Christian author. I am not a reader, you could say, but this book I LOVED!!!! I strongly recommend it. I got some others from her from the local library.

Well, let's just say that Mr. Caleb is not a fan of the camera. So, I was very lucky to have even gotten these simple shots of him.
My sister is getting induced tonight in Las Vegas. Jaylee Rae will be the baby girls' name and my new niece!

We are all staying busy around here. Christian's dad is healing well and we are so pleased that he is doing as well as he is.
I have been working out! Yes, I know quite a shocker. Christian has been encouraging me and helping me with a work out routine. No, you will not be seeing me in a bikini or in a muscle competition, but it makes me feel so healthy and gets me out...no one would know about that, huh?
All is well with our fam. A former student, my second year of teaching, who was a quad at toddlerhood due to an accident, died on Monday. I got the news and was truly saddened. I am unable to go to the funeral because I will be out of town. Just makes you think and be so thankful.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Darc! Good to get a little update! The pics of Caleb are so cute, and congrats on your little niece being born tonight some time! Let us know when you are coming down, we'd love to see you again!

Jen said...

Was it Tony who died?!

E and K said...

Hi friend! It was so fun to talk with you the other day, and it is good to get your update. By the way, I also LOVED that book...I couldn't put it down, and I too am not a huge reader. Talk to you soon!

Jenni said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Great job on the working out! I have been doing my best to stay motivated to work out but it is hard. Keep it up!
I also loved that book! I have read all of her books and that is one of my favorites.
I love reading updates on your family.

little peeps said...

Darc,
I am so glad you got to Redeeming Love. It's my favorite book of all time. Let me know what other Francine River books you'd like to read...I have most of them. Anxious to talk to you.