Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Napa Trip

Last weekend, which feels like a year or so ago, Christian and I were able to sneak away for a much needed husband and wife trip. Not a mom and dad trip. We were blessed to be able to visit beautiful Napa. Christian loves to tell the story that when we got there, we ate a wonderful lunch at an Italian cafe with the wind blowing in the windows.....sipping a glass of Cakebread wine....we then went to the hotel.
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL......no, I slept for three hours! He sat and worked in the hotel room and watched the only 2 Law and Orders that he had already seen out of the probably 300 episodes. Needless to say, the wineries were already closed and so I was then wide awake for our date on this little covered scooter-type thing to a dinner in downtown Napa.





On a side note....Tyler is almost done with swimming...here is a shot of him and his bro....It is just amazing how a few lessons and a child who is ready to swim can do! He can already swim across the pool by himself! He is not water safe, but we are so proud of him and his accomplishments.
I am finishing up my first year with Horizon. I enjoyed the challenges of working with a family. the job was a true blessing to our home. Christian is doing well in his job with Allergan still. He is currently at a dinner with some doctors and so I have a moment to sit and blog.
I feel like I never really write anything of much worth. Oh, my husband is HOT!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Darc! Glad you got away for a little bit with your main boy! Cool pictures! I like that one of the door. Do you have the summer off or do you have work to do?
We'd love to see you this summer, so hopefully we can connect!

Darcy said...

We are down for the 4th! LET'S DO SOMETHING!!!! EITHER THEN OR WE WILL COME DOWN AGAIN...OR YOU CAN COME UP. I need to get out of caps. I am working on a small project for work for a very small stipend. I am basically free. I will call or email ya! I want to make those cookies. Yum.

E and K said...

Good to hear your update! I thought about you guys several times over Memorial Day weekend...remember the terrible sickies from last year and wishing we could see you again. Talk to you soon!

Helfer Party of 5 said...

Hi Darcy! So glad you are doing well! I LOVE the pictures you took. Beautiful! Have you seen Jaylee yet?? We are so happy for Jason and Kelley! Keep in touch!
Dayna